Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: This just happened

  1. #1

    This just happened

    Someone drove by and yelled 'BITCH' out their window...I live next to a busy street and they might simply have been looking in my direction coincidentally when they did it, but it was a young lady of about 18-20 who seemed to have mixed european and african descent, not sure what the proper term is if any and policorrection is something I've never really cared about either you know. Euphemisms, feh.

    Anyhoo, this young lady happened to yell this swear word at me and it utterly set me off into a red rage which I hid behind my closed doors of my house.

    Without regard to whether I'm insane (clearly yes)*, what is your thought of what one's natural sane reaction ought to be to the world's general inconsiderate obnoxiousness?

    *If you want proof, my eventual response after philosophizing about it was to see the yard workers next door and start doing household chores...make of that what you will I suppose.
    Last edited by Spooniest; 04-18-2017 at 01:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered Loser nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    4,660
    Man up.....bitch

  3. #3
    (EXECUTES EXPLOSIVE ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO NIX'S FACE)

    You have just been replied to by CHUCK NORRIS

  4. #4
    (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) This just happened che's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    How dare they do that?! Call the fuckin police, man.

    I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

  5. #5
    Bananarama This just happened Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    10,374
    Blog Entries
    12
    Were you inside or outside of your house? Did she make eye contact and specify that she was calling you a bitch? Were you looking at her or paying her any specific attention?

    Those can be reasons.

    She also could have just called you a bitch for no reason, just to get a reaction out of you.

    Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it. Teens are dumb, they do dumb things for no reason. You might have been a target of a harmless joke. Maybe you looked like someone she knows.

    Personally, I wouldn't have done anything, unless they had further escalated it.

    Hell, maybe she just thought you look like a bitch
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

  6. #6
    (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) This just happened che's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Damn, even the police called u a bitch. RIP, back to bully thread

    I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Damn, even the police called u a bitch. RIP, back to bully thread


    I think I might pull through ser!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Maybe she just thought you looked like a bitch
    Yeah well, WHAT DOES MARSELLUS WALLACE LOOK LIKE???

    what??!

    (FLIPS TABLE)

    WHAT COUNTRY YOU FROM
    Last edited by Spooniest; 04-19-2017 at 05:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Gingersnap This just happened OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The South
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,211
    Blog Entries
    25
    I understand the urge to go into a rage when someone yells something profane at you from their car... At the risk of inciting the #notallmen crowd on this forum, this happens to women all the time. It has happened to me a lot. It also happens to runners all the time haha. It's hard to know which reaction is most effective, so try to go with the one you can live with. Still sucks, though. Sorry that happened to you.

    I don't really mind the yelling as much anymore. But I do still hate when strange men touch me without permission.
    Curious?

    Read more.

    TFF Awards:



    Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.


    "I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

    . SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!


  9. #9
    (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) This just happened che's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    But I do still hate when strange men touch me without permission.
    I get all the rest of what you're saying but wtf?

    I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

  10. #10
    Registered Loser nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    4,660
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I get all the rest of what you're saying but wtf?
    drunk. men. grab. ass.

  11. #11
    Boxer of the Galaxy This just happened Rowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,988
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    I understand the urge to go into a rage when someone yells something profane at you from their car... At the risk of inciting the #notallmen crowd on this forum, this happens to women all the time. It has happened to me a lot. It also happens to runners all the time haha. It's hard to know which reaction is most effective, so try to go with the one you can live with. Still sucks, though. Sorry that happened to you.

    I don't really mind the yelling as much anymore. But I do still hate when strange men touch me without permission.
    In Australia, particularly Melbourne where I'm from, there are many sudanese 'refugees' forming gangs and attacking innocent children and adults alike. Recently, a group of them attacked an autistic boy on a bus, demanded he hand over his phone and shoes. The autistic boy stood his ground and was able to get off the bus and call his mother, whom then proceededto take him to the nearest McDonalds as per the instruction of the police officer she was speaking to on the phone. The gang of sudanese proceeded to follow the boy and his mother into McDonalds where they abused them and chased them down the street.

    #notallsudanesebutthemajority

  12. #12
    (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) This just happened che's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    drunk. men. grab. ass.
    I have been drunk a many of time, sir. And never have I just grabbed someone's ass. One time, I had my ass grabbed. Just one time.

    I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

  13. #13
    Bananarama This just happened Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    10,374
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I have been drunk a many of time, sir. And never have I just grabbed someone's ass. One time, I had my ass grabbed. Just one time.
    I can confirm this, as the one time I grabbed an ass, it was che's. Sorry bro.

    But in reality, I don't understand the inappropriate yelling or touching. It's just gross. Drunkeness is no excuse
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

  14. #14
    Registered Loser nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Éire
    Posts
    4,660
    Oh im not saying i do, im saying i seen it happen ALOT over the years whilst surrounded by drunks..

  15. #15
    TFF's Resident Messenger This just happened Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodland Altars, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,189
    Blog Entries
    733
    This happens to me once in a while when I am out riding my bike, although it is usually a homophobic slur rather than the B-word. Anyway, just be like a duck, and let it roll off your back. Clearly, the other person has something wrong with them to feel the need to shout an expletive in your direction unprovoked.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

    2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

    TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

    Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

  16. #16
    (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) This just happened che's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,947
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can confirm this, as the one time I grabbed an ass, it was che's. Sorry bro.

    But in reality, I don't understand the inappropriate yelling or touching. It's just gross. Drunkeness is no excuse
    YOU'RE the one? Dang, if I had known it was you, it would have been mutual!

    I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

  17. #17
    Dankay schoon guys, I feel better now

    Silly little fliberttygibbet, how dare she *sigh*

  18. #18
    TFF's Resident Messenger This just happened Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodland Altars, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,189
    Blog Entries
    733
    Oh, your German is so cute! Wrong, but cute. Bitte!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

    2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

    TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

    Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

  19. #19
    I hadda 2nd Gen German Girlfriend once who told me that in the rural areas of Germany it is not "Dahn-KUH SHAYN" but "Dahn-KAY SHOON" So in fact it might be your german that is wrong ser

  20. #20
    Virmire Survivor Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Taking one for the Geth.
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,670
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    I understand the urge to go into a rage when someone yells something profane at you from their car... At the risk of inciting the #notallmen crowd on this forum, this happens to women all the time. It has happened to me a lot. It also happens to runners all the time haha..
    Would runners be offended if I drove up next to them and played "Eye of the Tiger" while keeping pace with them for approximately 45 to 60 seconds?

    Also how do I judge if my man ass is assy enough to grab? Just asking for a friend on that one
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

    hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

    che: rofl <3 Meier.

    Loaf: Meier is the best.

    Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

    Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

    (Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Would runners be offended if I drove up next to them and played "Eye of the Tiger" while keeping pace with them for approximately 45 to 60 seconds?
    It would be even funnier to skateboard by a runner, with a Boss DD3 (digital delay pedal) buckled to your belt into a Pignose with 6 AA batteries, and PLAY Eye Of The Tiger as the runner finishes stretching, and begins running, and skateboard after them playing it and singing it.

    ...It's what I'd do if I had my way

    begin edit: Sigh.



    Now I am listening to this with subwoofers capable of boosting (analog!) down to 60 hz.

    begin second edit: Now I want to hear this.

    Last edited by Spooniest; 04-21-2017 at 01:59 AM.

  22. #22
    TFF's Resident Messenger This just happened Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodland Altars, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,189
    Blog Entries
    733
    I was going more about the spelling than anything else, regardless of what area or population level of the country you are in.

  23. #23
    I'm lucky I can spell in English, I've been slipping a lot lately hehehe

  24. #24
    Bananarama This just happened Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    10,374
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post

    Also how do I judge if my man ass is assy enough to grab? Just asking for a friend on that one
    If you have to ask, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

  25. #25
    Mr. Person Taco-Calamitous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,427
    Blog Entries
    18
    I haven't grabbed an ass for a hot minute, now. It was a good time, that. Now I have to settle for creepily stroking people's arms, poking them in the sides, or giving them unwanted hugs, while they're all like, "AAAAAAAGGGGHHHH, GET OUTTA HERE!!" The ass is a bit too personal for me to touch if we aren't a thing, tho.

    Think the last time someone yelled anything at me was when I was at a protest march earlier this year (I was invited. Knew the organizers.) So it wasn't just at me, but I thought it was funny.

    There was this other time I was running, and some kid on a school bus yelled "I love you!" I responded "Thank you!" And they were like, "No really, I love you! Come back!" And I was like "Bye!"

    Sometimes people yell stuff at me, I don't understand what they're saying, and I just yell "YEAH!!" back at them. I hope I'm not agreeing to anything bad.

  26. #26
    Gingersnap This just happened OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The South
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,211
    Blog Entries
    25
    Oh man, I bailed out of this thread to do homework but yay for active threads.

    Some clarification. The point of me picking on the #notallmen crowd is: Everybody knows that not all men are jerks and harassers. The joke is that often times, when a woman is describing an experience of being harassed or intimidated, guys will take it personally and act like they're being accused. All women have a story of being harassed, we just want to be listened to without having to calm down some guy who doesn't harass people because he's worried we think he's harassing people but we already know that. I have no comment about the rest of that post.

    As to che's post: Yeah man. Guys sometimes grab, or put their arm around me, or start trying to hug me when I have given no indication that I want to be hugged and I definitely do not know them. This has happened with rich dudes (more often when I was a server), and it has happened with homeless (one guy where I work has been following me around, telling me I'm beautiful, and using a handshake to try to lean in to put his arms around me). Don't matter. Some guys are inappropriate. And while they aren't always directly threatening, it's still weird and kind of gross being touched or embraced from behind by someone I don't know. Also, nix was accurate about drunk guys being grabby, too. Sure sure, not all drunk guys. But some drunk guys.
    Curious?

    Read more.

    TFF Awards:



    Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.


    "I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

    . SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!


  27. #27
    I had a flamboyantly gay man put his index finger down the happy trail of hair on my unbuttoned chest at a gig in Virginia once. We were playing the lead singer's hometown. Man that guy got the Guy from Final Fight zen stare.

    I don't do dudes...the smell of men makes me aggro, so I know I'm a hetro

    As for grabbiness, doesn't anyone offer to buy a drink and talk to you first anymore gracious (Cyan Rant) Such boors, men

  28. #28
    #LOCKE4GOD This just happened Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    59
    When I was younger, my friends and I would drive around in a car barking at dogs. Not cat calling, we have respect for both people and cats. We just found it funny to bark at dogs (with or without their peoples) to get a rise out of them.


  29. #29
    The Mad God This just happened Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Sheoth
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Oh man, I bailed out of this thread to do homework but yay for active threads.

    Some clarification. The point of me picking on the #notallmen crowd is: Everybody knows that not all men are jerks and harassers. The joke is that often times, when a woman is describing an experience of being harassed or intimidated, guys will take it personally and act like they're being accused. All women have a story of being harassed, we just want to be listened to without having to calm down some guy who doesn't harass people because he's worried we think he's harassing people but we already know that. I have no comment about the rest of that post.

    As to che's post: Yeah man. Guys sometimes grab, or put their arm around me, or start trying to hug me when I have given no indication that I want to be hugged and I definitely do not know them. This has happened with rich dudes (more often when I was a server), and it has happened with homeless (one guy where I work has been following me around, telling me I'm beautiful, and using a handshake to try to lean in to put his arms around me). Don't matter. Some guys are inappropriate. And while they aren't always directly threatening, it's still weird and kind of gross being touched or embraced from behind by someone I don't know. Also, nix was accurate about drunk guys being grabby, too. Sure sure, not all drunk guys. But some drunk guys.
    #Notalldrunkmen you bigot!
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.





  30. #30
    Mr. Person Taco-Calamitous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,427
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When I was younger, my friends and I would drive around in a car barking at dogs. Not cat calling, we have respect for both people and cats. We just found it funny to bark at dogs (with or without their peoples) to get a rise out of them.
    "Is that one of my people?! I must respond in kind! HEY! HEY! HEY HEY!"

    Depending on the cat, they might not even respond. Maybe look at you like, "the fuck is your problem?" Cats are awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whatever happened to the RP forums?
    By Ark in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-18-2016, 01:26 PM
  2. FFXIV Well it finally happened.
    By Dawezy in forum Final Fantasy Online
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-09-2014, 10:50 PM
  3. RARE - What Happened?
    By alexiuspine in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 11:01 PM
  4. WTF happened!
    By Xanatos in forum Audio Media
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •