Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

  1. #1
    Registered User Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    111

    Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Have you guys seen the new Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer!?
    It made me want it even more! It shows off some new battle, and a returning character, guess who?

    Final Fantasy XIII-2: Quest for Lightning - Trailer - YouTube

    So, what's your thoughts? I think this is looking pretty good!

  2. #2
    TFF's Resident Messenger Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodland Altars, Ohio
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,195
    Blog Entries
    735

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    I know what I am asking Santa Claus for Christmas! A PS3 to replace the one my brother took when he moved out. Then, for my birthday (January 3) I will use my money to get this game. I am glad to see that Hope is there, well, at least his boomerang was there.

    I have high expectations for FFXIII-2!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

    2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

    TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

    Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

  3. #3

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    When i saw ''Tap the button repeadetly'' i was like - DO WANT. But i still don`t know if i will buy this. I remember how many hours i spent on FF XIII, and i think in FF XIII-2 there will be even more hours to play.

  4. #4
    Passing fair judgement Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Judge Magistrate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ivalice
    Age
    26
    Posts
    510

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    I'm dying for this to come out, the trailer only solidifies my thirst to play this game. The fact that I loved FFXIII really makes me want to play this game even more than the prior sentence lol.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.



    My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark


    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

  5. #5
    Memento RK Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Yoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chillin' by the Whiskey Cabinet
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    126

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    I can't wait to play this one.
    From the looks of it, Snow may not be in it, but you can't really tell.

    Hope will be in this one. Here's the proof. I needed to pause the trailer to see it for myself. I caught this shot. PROOF!!!

    This is going to be an awesome game.
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"-hope-jpg 

    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

    Things!!:

    Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

    MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh


    Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

  6. #6
    Registered User Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    111

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    From the looks of it, Snow may not be in it, but you can't really tell
    I've read on the Final Fantasy Wiki; Lightning is gone and Snow is nowhere to be found ...
    I mean, if they wrote that he MUST be in the game!

  7. #7

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Snow isn`t going to be in this one? Oh :/ His personality was pretty awseome, i wonder how Serah gonna do without him. Is Sazh going to be in this game?

  8. #8
    Registered User Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    111

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by latvis20 View Post
    Snow isn`t going to be in this one? Oh :/ His personality was pretty awseome, i wonder how Serah gonna do without him. Is Sazh going to be in this game?
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I meant that he is in this game. I also read that;
    Snow is not worried about Serah's and Noel's 'relationship' or what I should call it ... So from what I've read, he should be in the game.
    Square Enix stated that many characters return, but in unexpected ways

  9. #9

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    'in unexpected ways' probably means in future or so. i just read an article where it says noel is from the future, the last man on earth he is there and came back to change that. and lightning is in the future too he saw her there, she is a knight of etros and became somewhat of a deity herself...and you can travel through time with the historiacross mechanism
    so i guess you'll meet the characters, their present and future selves ^^

  10. #10
    Registered User Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Vogue Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    52

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    I'm veeeeeery excited for this one. I wasn't the biggest fan of FFXIII, but I have to say, this one really piqued my curiosity I've heard a load of rumours involving Snow, the most common one being that he is a villain in this game. I can't see it myself I love Serah's moogle weapon buddy. The bow version looks amazing!

  11. #11
    Registered User Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    111

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    'in unexpected ways' probably means in future or so. i just read an article where it says noel is from the future, the last man on earth he is there and came back to change that. and lightning is in the future too he saw her there, she is a knight of etros and became somewhat of a deity herself...and you can travel through time with the historiacross mechanism
    so i guess you'll meet the characters, their present and future selves ^^
    Yeah I read that article too, it sounds amazing! Don't you think?
    I really believe in this one ... I dunno, it looks as if it's gonna be a huge success ...

  12. #12
    That guy. Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Hot Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    That place with the things
    Posts
    39

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    It's looking to be better than XIII (Which isn't saying much) but then again, XIII's trailer made it look pretty epic. But all in all, I'm surprisingly looking forward to it.

    But may I ask: am I the only one that find's the moogle's voice annoying?

  13. #13

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Oh wow the trailer for this was actually pretty good! I'm impressed. However, i'm still not sure if i will get it - mainly because i don't have a job at the moment and can't afford it
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

    My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ


  14. #14
    Fueled by Coffee Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On an island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    86

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Oh look at all the spoilers here!

    I wonder though why Serah called Snow a 'friend'... I smell drama!
    I'm not sure I like Serah very much, she seems weak and fragile, I just don't like the FF girls that require saving, they are the reason for every tough battle I have to press the buttons for haha

    Sazh is my favourite character in XIII, he's the most realistic, I would do some serious damage if he is not in XIII-2!!!

    I hope this one will improve the reputation of the number '13'

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenZecht View Post
    Oh wow the trailer for this was actually pretty good! I'm impressed. However, i'm still not sure if i will get it - mainly because i don't have a job at the moment and can't afford it
    Get a second hand one! You wouldn't have to wait long after it's released, people tend to sell quickly, check Amazon, that's how I got my XIII ^^

  15. #15

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Yeah I read that article too, it sounds amazing! Don't you think?
    I really believe in this one ... I dunno, it looks as if it's gonna be a huge success ...
    yeah. i liked xiii, i liked the battles i never get tired of them, i liked the story!! it was amazing dunno why all say it sucks. so this looks even better. the beast taming mode...remember all those cool opponents you fought in xiii you can make them fight for you now and the time traveling.. i'd like to see that if you change something in the present it will affect the future... like in chrono cross...

    but more im looking forward to versus 13 >.>

  16. #16
    Registered User Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    111

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    Oh look at all the spoilers here!

    I wonder though why Serah called Snow a 'friend'... I smell drama!
    I'm not sure I like Serah very much, she seems weak and fragile, I just don't like the FF girls that require saving, they are the reason for every tough battle I have to press the buttons for haha
    Yeah I wondered that too ... But don't you think she could refer to Vanille?
    I mean, Vanille and Fang kinda promised to save cocoon, and Serah said;
    'It's a promise a good friend made me', while holing the neckless of cocoon up?
    The promise was to save cocoon! Well, I dunno ... It might not be the best theory but .. Hey, I'm just a kid

  17. #17
    Fueled by Coffee Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On an island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    86

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yeah I wondered that too ... But don't you think she could refer to Vanille?
    I mean, Vanille and Fang kinda promised to save cocoon, and Serah said;
    'It's a promise a good friend made me', while holing the neckless of cocoon up?
    The promise was to save cocoon! Well, I dunno ... It might not be the best theory but .. Hey, I'm just a kid
    Oh I love the making of FF-theories lol

    Hmm, but Serah didn't really know Vanille, or Fang, the only two she knew were Lightning and Snow, and Snow gave her the necklace for their engagement.

    Honestly, I am more curious about the new battle system than Serah and Snow, I hope they listened to my complaints about the old one lol

  18. #18

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    Oh I love the making of FF-theories lol

    Hmm, but Serah didn't really know Vanille, or Fang, the only two she knew were Lightning and Snow, and Snow gave her the necklace for their engagement.

    Honestly, I am more curious about the new battle system than Serah and Snow, I hope they listened to my complaints about the old one lol
    Haha i don't think the battle system was THAT bad *cough* Auto-Battle *cough*

    Is it weird that i actually want Snow and Serah to be together and i'll be crushed and devastated if they're not together in this game? I mean we only travelled across TWO whole worlds and spent 60+ hours just trying to reunite them.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

    My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ


  19. #19
    Fueled by Coffee Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On an island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    86

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenZecht View Post
    Haha i don't think the battle system was THAT bad *cough* Auto-Battle *cough*

    Is it weird that i actually want Snow and Serah to be together and i'll be crushed and devastated if they're not together in this game? I mean we only travelled across TWO whole worlds and spent 60+ hours just trying to reunite them.
    haha, true true. I really have no hate for anything related to FF, but I just disliked how it's Game Over when the 'main' character dies. I also didn't like this display thing the characters make when I switch paradigms while the enemy is free to damage my party, at least put it on wait-mode! I loved how it's fast-paced, but I need more control over my characters, I want it more strategic. I guess all I want is for it to be refined

    I KNOW!!! If they split up after all the troubles they put us through I'm gonna do some serious damage! But I don't think this will be the case because it will make FFXIII kinda meaningless...

  20. #20

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    flippin hell!!!! spoiler alert like where the hell are u

  21. #21

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    lippin hell!!!! spoiler alert like where the hell are u
    i wrote it but accidentally dipped my feather in invisible ink instead of the normal one >.>

  22. #22
    Memento RK Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Yoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chillin' by the Whiskey Cabinet
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    126

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    This is some news that seems to have been released today.

    Nova Crystallis » Blog Archive » FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Fan Meeting Report

    Every time I find something new, the more I want to play this game. It also looks like the battle system will have Gil again, which is nice.

    There also seems to be some relation between Noel and Vanille. Not sure how I feel about that, but anything is possible.

    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

    Things!!:

    Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

    MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh


    Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

  23. #23
    Fueled by Coffee Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Elise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On an island
    Age
    28
    Posts
    86

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    This is some news that seems to have been released today.

    Nova Crystallis » Blog Archive » FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Fan Meeting Report

    Every time I find something new, the more I want to play this game. It also looks like the battle system will have Gil again, which is nice.

    There also seems to be some relation between Noel and Vanille. Not sure how I feel about that, but anything is possible.
    I'm so jealous!

    I would celebrate the comeback of the Gil! I also hope it will be traded in realistic shops, with salesmen, who yell at you not to touch the weapons without buying them first or tell you that they don't have many in such a small shop. I'm hoping for substance!

    I would be happy with any relations really, as long as they are not pushed in my face in a melodramatic way.

  24. #24
    Memento RK Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning" Yoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chillin' by the Whiskey Cabinet
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    126

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    I would celebrate the comeback of the Gil! I also hope it will be traded in realistic shops, with salesmen, who yell at you not to touch the weapons without buying them first or tell you that they don't have many in such a small shop. I'm hoping for substance!
    I have yet to see that. At least from the shops that I remember. FFXIII seemed to have taken a massive step back from shops. I hope they at least have SOMETHING along the lines where you can walk in, talk to the salesperson and at least veiw what you're about to buy. Buying something purely on stats is getting old. I want looks.

    I also read somewhere that Noel has relations with Lightning's rival. He's all over the place.

    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

    Things!!:

    Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

    MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh


    Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

  25. #25

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    This is some news that seems to have been released today.

    Nova Crystallis » Blog Archive » FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Fan Meeting Report

    Every time I find something new, the more I want to play this game. It also looks like the battle system will have Gil again, which is nice.

    There also seems to be some relation between Noel and Vanille. Not sure how I feel about that, but anything is possible.
    wow the screenshot in that link just got me excited, i personally just completed FFXIII just yesterday so this is all really awesome!!!! cant wait.... also heard that 90% of the game is complete according to some articles......


    +1 on GIL returning to battle spoils

  26. #26
    Pesmerga
    Guest

    Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 "Quest for Lightning"

    I too think its looking good ive been lookin forward it since i had the oportunity to reserve it at gamestop lol. It made me even more anxious since i played the demo.

Similar Threads

  1. The New (Mostly) Complete List of TFF's RPs
    By Andromeda in forum Structured Role-Playing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
  2. Will the Turks ever beat Avalanche?!
    By ShadowNinjaChaos in forum Final Fantasy VII
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Final Fantasy release dates (-*Updated March 07*-)
    By LocoColt04 in forum General Final Fantasy
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 03:12 AM
  4. Podcast for Final Fantasy XIII by Active Time Babble
    By Zargabaath in forum Final Fantasy XIII FNC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 09:52 AM
  5. The (Mostly) Complete List of TFF's RPs
    By Andromeda in forum Structured Role-Playing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •