Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

  1. #1
    attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Xanatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,599

    Final Fantasy VIII Remastered



    As if I needed another reason to play Final Fantasy VIII again. In terms of actual gameplay they showed very little, character models look pretty good, but everything else looks the same and that's kinda my issue here. High-res models surrounded by low-res blocky pixalated enviroment, it just looks jarring. Will play it either way, but wish they showed more, perhaps done a comparison video, orginal vs remaster.

    Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

  2. #2
    Death Before Dishonor Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Josh_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Racoon City
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,203
    Blog Entries
    2
    Any excuse I can make to buy another FF game on my PS4 is good enough for me.

    Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!



  3. #3
    Bananarama Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    10,670
    Blog Entries
    12
    I saw this trailer yesterday and I think I'd need some more info about what I'm actually getting in this new package. If they clean up some story elements and maybe make the game a little more challenging, that would be nice on top of polishing up the graphics and music.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I saw this trailer yesterday and I think I'd need some more info about what I'm actually getting in this new package. If they clean up some story elements and maybe make the game a little more challenging, that would be nice on top of polishing up the graphics and music.
    Nah, they will just tidy the graphics and sound as best as they can and add that fast forward mode, that will be pretty much it, if they start changing the actual game people will get mad.

    I'm actually looking forward to playing it again, i can barely remember it, i havent played it since release. The only thing i can remember really is that the games story was decent up to a certain point and then falls to shit

  5. #5
    attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Xanatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I saw this trailer yesterday and I think I'd need some more info about what I'm actually getting in this new package. If they clean up some story elements and maybe make the game a little more challenging, that would be nice on top of polishing up the graphics and music.
    I highly doubt they'll touch anything story wise, it will most probably be the same thing as with Final Fantasy IX Remastered. Better character models, although in VIII it looks like they've done completely new models, sharper backgrounds, higher resolution, anti aliasing, and some features/cheats to make things easier for those that want to rush through it.

    Honestly, I just hope they somehow incorporate Chocobo World into it.

    Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

  6. #6
    Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Rowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,105
    Theres actually evidence its going to be voice acted. I was watching a video and they found some code about the game and it said something along the line of having japanese and english voice options.

    you heard it here first, folks.

  7. #7
    attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Xanatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Theres actually evidence its going to be voice acted. I was watching a video and they found some code about the game and it said something along the line of having japanese and english voice options.
    If true, that will actually be cool.

    Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

  8. #8
    I doubt it, as interesting as it may be, it would have been something they would have announced at E3 considering its out before the years out..

  9. #9
    Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Rowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    I doubt it, as interesting as it may be, it would have been something they would have announced at E3 considering its out before the years out..
    Good point. However, when FF7 remastered was announced, it was released that very day (Im pretty sure). The fact that FF8 remastered was announced and we still dont have a release date makes me think there's something going on. However, it is unlike SE to not announce something.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Good point. However, when FF7 remastered was announced, it was released that very day (Im pretty sure). The fact that FF8 remastered was announced and we still dont have a release date makes me think there's something going on. However, it is unlike SE to not announce something.
    Well they have said it will be released before the years out, plus if the delay was because of the loss of the source code, that could be reason enough for the lack of specific release date.

    Id say "remastering" FFVII was a drop in the ocean compared to VIII..

    On top of that note, id prefer if there werent any voice acting done, keep it original, ill likely be playing it on the switch handheld anyway

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 04:20 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2016, 03:29 PM
  3. FFX Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remastered - Bevelle Cloister of Trials - Guide
    By Eru Turin in forum Final Fantasy X, X-2, & XII
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2016, 10:41 AM
  4. World of Final Fantasy Adds more Final Fantasy VIII
    By Andromeda in forum General Final Fantasy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 06:32 PM
  5. Final Fantasy 8 OST Remastered
    By ryuma222 in forum Final Fantasy VIII & IX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •