Final Fantasy VII is one of the largest and most richly detailed gaming experiences ever created. There are few games that even come close to the impact this game had on the RPG genre. Final Fantasy VII shot the series into commercial success. Being the first of the series for the 32-bit Playstation system, the graphics and cut scenes were state of the art. Top that with an original cast of characters, a engulfing story, and 100+ hours of gameplay - this masterpiece holds a permanent spot in video game history.
The game featured 9 playable characters each with their own set of unique abilities. A new magic/skill system was introduced using the Materia System.
In 2015, Square Enix confirmed long lasting rumours of development for Final Fantasy VII Remake. Three of the core developers returned; Yoshinori Kitase (Producer), Kazushige Nojima (Script) and Tetsuya Nomura (Character Design). The game is planned for a 2017 release date for the Sony PlayStation 4 and is planned to be released in multiple parts due to limited storage and to avoid trimming original content.
It seems that an evil power company called Shinra, Inc. has found a way to mine this life energy, draining it from the earth, and using it to control the universe. Fortunately, a resistance organization know as AVALANCHE, has vowed to put an end to Shinra's destructive practices... More
This game is part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, which includes a series of spin-off games and movies, including:
- Final Fantasy VII
- Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
- Last Order: Final Fantasy VII
There were a couple of small releases that do not fall under the Compilation lable, these games include:
- Final Fantasy VII Snowboarding - A mobile port of the snowboard minigame from Final Fantasy VII. The port includes different courses and was downloadable via the V Cast-compatible mobile phones in 2005 (Japan and North America).
- Final Fantasy VII G-Bike - Another mobile game based on the motorcycle minigame from Final Fantasy VII. It was released for both Apple iOS and Android devices in December 2014.
|Final Fantasy VII ||PlayStation|
|Final Fantasy VII  International||PlayStation|
|Final Fantasy VII ||PlayStation Network|
|Final Fantasy VII ||Microsoft Windows (PC)|
|Final Fantasy VII  SE Store Re-release||Microsoft Windows (PC)|
|Final Fantasy VII ||Microsoft Windows Steam (PC)|
|Final Fantasy VII ||Apple iOS|
|Final Fantasy VII  Remake||PlayStation 4|