Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

  1. #1
    艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,075

    Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    I don't know if this has been reported on or not. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

    Anyway, yeah, FFV is now available on the PSN. This would be the PS1 version of the game.

    This is not my first experience of FFV, but I didn't get very far before. Is anyone else getting it/got it, and if so what do you think?

  2. #2
    What about Non-Stop though?! Zargabaath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Crashing the Alexander into your home.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    I'm not getting it but that is because I don't live in Europe. Another thing, it is the Anthologies version. Which was a poor port with long load times and a translation that was 'meh'. The FFV Advance has a much better script plus no load times or at least a lot less time loading. So even if I lived in Europe I would pass on this.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 04-16-2011 at 09:35 AM.


    Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 3x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 3x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 4x, FFIX: 2x, FFX: 3x, FFXII: 2x, FFXIII: 2x

  3. #3
    1st Class SOLDIER Genesis_787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Yes I might be getting this as I haven't actually played Final Fantasy V. If anyone does have it, pls tell us how it is playing it on the PSP?

  4. #4
    艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis_787 View Post
    Yes I might be getting this as I haven't actually played Final Fantasy V. If anyone does have it, pls tell us how it is playing it on the PSP?
    To be honest, I bought it to put on my PSP. It looks great in my opinion. It plays just like it does on console too. Which is definitely a good thing, because I've noticed the other FFs can be a tad laggy on PSP.

  5. #5
    Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Age
    23
    Posts
    455
    Blog Entries
    75

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Definitely getting it, if the price is right. Been wanting to play it, even the one with the poor translation. Then again, I'll have to stomach the different names and words. Meh.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

  6. #6
    艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    It was £7.99 on the EU PSN, don't know how much it is elsewhere. It seems a bit steep, but I didn't mind paying it. A hell of a lot cheaper than buying the GBA version.

  7. #7
    The Weird User Cereal~Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    361

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Is it on the North Ameican PSN? I read just a couple days ago that it's only on the Japanese PSN. What I really wish they'd do is remake this game with the HD graphics and a new, accurate script, like they just did with FFIV.

  8. #8
    艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    Is it on the North Ameican PSN? I read just a couple days ago that it's only on the Japanese PSN. What I really wish they'd do is remake this game with the HD graphics and a new, accurate script, like they just did with FFIV.
    It is actually on PSN for everybody I believe.

    Of course, since it is a direct port, it will have the same old dialogue. However, it looks really nice. Especially if you put the smoothing option on.

  9. #9
    The Weird User Cereal~Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    361

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    It is actually on PSN for everybody I believe.

    Of course, since it is a direct port, it will have the same old dialogue. However, it looks really nice. Especially if you put the smoothing option on.
    Sweet. I just might get it then when PSN becomes available again. Not sure if it's still offline.

  10. #10
    艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    Sweet. I just might get it then when PSN becomes available again. Not sure if it's still offline.
    Yeah, still offline, I checked this morning. We're supposed to get it back this week, or so I've read. No promises though.

  11. #11
    The Bad Boy of TFF Block's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CPC8
    Age
    29
    Posts
    959

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    Yeah, still offline, I checked this morning. We're supposed to get it back this week, or so I've read. No promises though.
    What? I've been online all week bro. Playing that FFV like a hoss. I'm about to do that part where you get all these trophies. I have trophies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

  12. #12
    Resident Dovahkiin Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Hiding behind your smile.
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,916
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    What? I've been online all week bro. Playing that FFV like a hoss. I'm about to do that part where you get all these trophies. I have trophies.
    Yo, you see my platinum for Black Ops?
    Before you say anything, I know you didn't. 'Cause PSN is down, and I don't have the platinum... yet. ;p

    Anyway. I've recently bought FFIV, and I'm loving that. When I get this one, all I'll need is FFVI for the full set. I should probably play and complete the others though... I'll see when PSN is back up.


    "I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

    Suddenly... clutter.:

    Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )



    Quotes to have a giggle at.:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

    All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^



    Warning free for over four years. Feels good.

  13. #13
    One Winged Angel TehSephirothSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    23

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    It's the PS1 version. I don't really like the PS1 version of the game, because it has the Japanese names in Romaji and because of the loading times... Oh well. The game is awsome, glad I got to play it on PSP.

  14. #14
    The Weird User Cereal~Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    361

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Sucks. I went to buy it, because I heard the PSN was back up. Turns out the actual STORE isn't up yet. Just the ability to play online and stuff.

  15. #15
    One Winged Angel TehSephirothSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    23

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    Yes, indeed. The store will be back on May 24th. You won't be able to buy it until then. I was lucky to buy it before this incident

    Found that on Google, and wrote the text :3

  16. #16
    Registered User Odin1199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    704

    Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

    So you can play FFV on PSP? How? You just download it from PSN? I'm a n00b with PSN, lol.

    PS: Is that the IV & V Anthology, because I heard the audio quality was really crappy there. If the audio and translations are good, I'm getting it.

  17. #17
    Registered User Odin1199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    704
    N00b alert!

    Sorry for necroing this thread, but can I still get FFV for my PSP? How do I connect to the internet from my PSP and how do I pay online? Can I do this from a PC?

Similar Threads

  1. The New (Mostly) Complete List of TFF's RPs
    By Andromeda in forum Structured Role-Playing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
  2. Will the Turks ever beat Avalanche?!
    By ShadowNinjaChaos in forum Final Fantasy VII
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Final Fantasy release dates (-*Updated March 07*-)
    By LocoColt04 in forum General Final Fantasy
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 03:12 AM
  4. Podcast for Final Fantasy XIII by Active Time Babble
    By Zargabaath in forum Final Fantasy XIII FNC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 09:52 AM
  5. The (Mostly) Complete List of TFF's RPs
    By Andromeda in forum Structured Role-Playing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •